It’s fairly common for people to change their name on Facebook, if they change surname by marriage, for example.
Thankfully, Facebook make this quite easy for us.
- Select the dropdown list in the top right hand side corner of Facebook and choose Settings.
- Choose Name
- Enter your updated name and select Review change
- Finally, enter your password and choose Save changes
How often can I change my name on Facebook?
You can only change you name on Facebook once every 60 days.
Can I change my Facebook name to anything?
No. Facebook has some guidelines for what is and isn’t allowed for a name.
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalisation, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind (e.g. professional, religious).
- Words or phrases rather than a name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
Facebook suggests that the name on your profile should match the name on a form of ID.
How to delete my Facebook account